Am I retarded?

Jul 10, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Hello,

So I've been fooling around with XNL for a couple weeks, doing a bunch of game making tutorials, getting a good grasp at it, and I thought hey, lets put in some physics!

So I found farseer and it looks really impressive! Very nice job, way to be awesome and make something so cool. So I thought Id try to use it to get a couple boxes to move around my game.

Now all I want to do is take my project which is already made... and incorperate Farseer into it... like get a box on the screen that can collide with another box on the screen.

Ive been trying for hours and hours.

Am I retarded? Ive looked all around and no one seems to be having the same problems as me.

Ive been playing around with all the simple samples, they are great and easy to understand.

What I DONT get is how to make my project understand Farseer stuff.

Like Im sure I need all the

using FarseerGames.FarseerPhysics; ect ect.

To be understood before stuff like

PhysicsSimulator = new PhysicsSimulator(new Vector2(0, 0));

can work.

Now Im wondering like... why does no one else have this problem, and why is there no like... installation guide or something?

Is it that self explainitory? I guess once you know how to encorperate an engine once all the rest are the same, but ive never done it before!

I have done lots of c++ programming, but Ive never integrated outside code into a project... I just dont understand.

so to summarize... i can take one of the samples and it works and i can start building my game on top of it...

but i have no idea how to take the farseer engine and make even the 'using blahblah' compile with a preexisting xnl project.

All I get is namesace name FarseerGames could not be found

Any help greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM
Edited Jul 10, 2009 at 3:09 AM

There are some tutorials here that can help you with your problem. Should be straight forward.