Geometries of the same group colliding?

Topics: User Forum
Jul 14, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Edited Jul 14, 2009 at 4:28 PM

I'm currently trying to make my first game using XNA and Farseer and also tested a few things before, but right now I'm stuck at the following problem:

I have an array of "Player" objects and a public static PhysicsSimulator in my game class and each Player objects has a geom, body and "Fireball" object. Every Fireball object also has a geom and a body. I'm creating the bodys and geoms using the normal factories and the static PhysicsSiumlator of the game class. Although the fireball and the player geom have the same CollisionGroup value, they collide with each other. Multiple players with the same CollisionGroup don't collide.

I guess it is caused by the static PhysicsSimulator, but I can't find a way to fix it.

Edit: Ok, CollisionGroup = 0 seems to collide with everything. Problem solved. 8[

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:00 AM
look in the manual at collison catergrys. you cans set what catergry / group will collided with another set of catergry. for example you cans set group 2 to colide with group 3 and 4. hope this helps