Problem in Collision

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:09 PM

We were going to develop an app. with this engine.
and we found out there's something wrong with the engine.

We created a demo app.
And you can see the objects unusually moving like popping out from boxed space or trembling back and fourth.

you can download xna source code of our demo app from this mediafire link (zip compressed)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g2gywyjmjj5
this is not phishing. you can count on that.

- Indie Developers from Fiji Island.

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2009 at 7:18 PM

The demo seems to run fine to me. I linked it against the latest snapshot of the source control, it should be no different to 2.1.1

Are you thinking about when the circles hit the border and stay in it? that is called tunneling and happens when the circles moves too fast. It is also described in our manual and several places in the forum. Search for tunneling and you might find a solution that works for you.

In Farseer Physics 3.0 we will have a system in place that prevents tunneling. Just to let you know.

Also, I noticed that you are adding the geometries and bodies to the engine twice. line 139 and 140 in Game1.cs can be removed. You add the geometries and bodies on line 71 and 73. CreateCircleBody() and CreateCircleGeom() takes in a physics simulator and automatically adds them to the engine.

Jul 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Why does a GEOM accellerate rapidly when hitting another GEOM.  This does not happen all the time.