any news on Farseer Physics Engine 3 ?

Topics: User Forum
Dec 26, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Good day.

first I would like to thank genbox & all the others that had helped for this great physics Engine.

I'd like to ask if there's any news about the development of FPE 3.0, & how far it is right now.

I don't intend to put any pressure, but I've been waiting for it & the real circle collision

(I have a game project that depends on it but I'm too lazy to figure out how to work with other engines, so i found other projects to put my time on)

& I would like to know if the polygon operations would work on the circle & other polygons, (e.g: union between a real-circle & rectangle)

again, thank you for your hard work.

Nab

Coordinator
Dec 26, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Well, not a lot of progress have been made recently. We are behind on the Box2D updates and there are some bugs in the port that needs to be found before we can do any real work. Anyway, it is a matter of time and FPE 3.0 will come out at some point.

As for the polygon operations. Since they work on polygons (points in space) and not shapes (geometries), they will work as they have always worked. However, if you need to use a circle shape as a source of polygons, you need to create a polygon approximation of the circle and use that instead. In time I will make sure that stuff like that works. (simply to make it as easy as possible)

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 2:40 AM

I've been working the past 3 hours on updating Box2DX to a newer revision. It is now at revision 27. I will see if I can squeeze some work in tomorrow too.

Dec 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM

Nice to see some progress being made genbox.

I wonder how farseer 3.0 will work on the 360 once it is out.
Did you end up getting your 360 and get it all working?

Anyway thanks for all your hard work :)

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:31 PM

thanks for the update & the hard work,

I'm looking forward to the future of FPE.

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 6:59 PM

I will write a more detailed status update later today. Stay tuned.