Soft Body Sample

Topics: User Forum
Jan 12, 2010 at 4:16 AM

Hi guys,

I just posted a sample on mimicking soft body behaviour using Farseer Physics. I'll be following up with a how-to/tutorial (w/ source code) in a couple of days.

I know there have been discussions on this topic in the past (it's actually why I decided to give it a shot) so I hope you find it interesting/helpful.

- Onome

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Nice sample. Wasn't this done before in Farseer?

Btw, nice projects you're working on.

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Looks great sterlingware! Last time a saw a working sample of a blob (soft body), it was in an email from one of FPE developers; Matthew.

At that time I wanted a sample with that and eventually the ability to create blobs using a factory. They are very processor intensive since the blob is emulated using springs. Do you think it is possible for me to take a closer look at the code? The main reason right now is to benchmark the joints in FPE 3.0, the second reason is to see if it is possible to include something like this in the engine, in the future.

I'm sure Matthew would like to see the internals too. He has experience creating stuff like that.

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM

@Jordos: Correct, It was mentioned here and here.

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:47 PM
@genbox: certainly! I'll send the code once I get home. What's your
email address?
Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I'm not much for posting my email address everywhere. I'll contact you using codeplex, the reply email is my real email.

Jan 27, 2010 at 3:17 AM

Just posted the source code for the sample. It's available for download here.

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM

sterlingware,

Any chance you would be willing to re-post the source code to your blob demo project.  The link is broken at your website. sterlingware.net under tutorials.  Nice video!  But I would love to see how you created the blob in source code in XNA using Farseer.  Right now when you click the Download source code link, I get an error 404 - page not found.

Thanks

Allan chaney

chaneya@acwoodworksinc.com