This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Discussions under General

##################################################################################

Post your game made with FPE 3.x here and click here to contribute with a small donation.

##################################################################################

Water in 3.5

first post: finaldrace wrote: Hey Guys, i really need some kind of Water for my Game. Only the...

Games That Use Farseer Physics Engine 3.x

first post: genbox wrote: If you create a game that uses FPE 3.x, we would like to know about...

latest post: benblo wrote: The upcoming Seasons after Fall uses Farseer. Video teaser: http://...

less impact

first post: WSP wrote: hi again, I have universal bullet object, that when hit something...

latest post: WSP wrote: I think I'm close to a solution. Finally I've changed the function ...

Count Fixtures (bodies) overlapping with a movable rectangular area

first post: Magellan wrote: Hello,I want my program to count the number of fixtures (bodies) ov...

latest post: poohshoes wrote: Make the "sensor area" a farseer sensor by setting IsSensor = true,...

Rounded Body stopping at vertex collision

first post: Orujimaru wrote: Hi, I'm making a 2D platformer and I have a problem where my Player...

latest post: Orujimaru wrote: So I kind of followed my own lead and reduced the edges further so ...

detecting separation

first post: WSP wrote: Hi, I need to detect separation between two object that have just...

latest post: WSP wrote: Thank you, it's just that what I was looking!

steering physics body without gravity

first post: WSP wrote: Hi, I'm trying to convert my moving mechanics from manualy steeri...

LiquidFun

first post: tanderson1234 wrote: This would be an interesting addition to Farseer: http://google.g...

Missing wiki page: Downloads

first post: TANERTANERTANER wrote: Hello, The documentation on the following page seems to be missin...

OnCollision w\ multiple contacts => Dispose body

first post: lturek wrote: Hi!I would like to dispose a fixture in it's own OnCollision.The pr...

latest post: maximelian1986 wrote: Oh, it is a really old post, but still I want to add my solution: ...

How do I change the tests in testbed

first post: ryanpfoy wrote: I have download the testbed for farseer. I am new to this engine an...

latest post: HAL_9000 wrote: If you find the class TestEntries it lists all the tests it's going...

Problem with density.

first post: tenagent18 wrote: Hi, my code looks tahat: public void CreateWorld() { ...

latest post: DarkPrisma wrote: please use ConvertUnits.ToSimUnits and ConvertUnits.ToDisplayUnits ...

Weird Error Thrown On RenderDebugData() Method

first post: KinsonDigital wrote: Hello. I have a body that is being created using the BodyFactory.C...

latest post: KinsonDigital wrote: Thanks Elsch. I was pretty sure that the projection had nothing to...

Convex decomposition w/ Holes

first post: freeqaz wrote: Hey guys, I've got some tile maps for my game I need to break down...

latest post: AlexanderSG wrote: I have the same problem. You have solved it? Here is my texture: !...

Project incompatible

first post: everytimer wrote: Hello, I'm trying to use this library with no succes. I'm using Vi...

ApplyForce(ref f) not applying force to center of mass?

first post: azathotep wrote: I am using version 3.5 and this came about through noticing some st...

Platformer Character Controls?

first post: Rasher wrote: I've kinda got it working with my recent games, but it still has a...

latest post: Neegus wrote: Man I feel you. It took me a while to get platformer controls worki...

Move Polygon..?

first post: Bang6382 wrote: See this video ..http://tvpot.daum.net/v/43788885 it's Kinect+Far...

I got Bug....

first post: Bang6382 wrote: I use Farseer 2.3.1 for WPF; I got bug public void InternalUpda...

latest post: Bang6382 wrote: i Got Message " IComparer.Compare() method return inconsistent value"

CuttingTools sample

first post: ashterisk wrote: Hello, I am new to farseer engine and XNA and just started buildin...

latest post: panthernet wrote: Thats what i'm interested in too...

Stuttering texture

first post: ShadowPlay0 wrote: If I set my window size to 1920x1080, when my objects are falling d...

latest post: ShadowPlay0 wrote: Unfortunately does not work in my case, thank you otherwise.

Commercialization of Farseer Physics Engine

first post: genbox wrote: I am considering converting the engine to a commercial product. Th...

latest post: genbox wrote: __I'm unable to close discussions on Codeplex, so consider this pos...

Space between two colliding bodies

first post: ShadowPlay0 wrote: I've modified the simpleDemo1 code, and I've added another rectangl...

SPH (Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics) in 3.5

first post: TidalApex wrote: I noticed Genbox mentioned 3.5 was going to have SPH in it but I ca...

latest post: HAL_9000 wrote: Just pass the vertices in the constructor ``` Body bottomBo...

ContactList empty

first post: Oragamster wrote: I had a game for windows phone 7 and windows 8 (with monogame) that...

Farseer Physics Engine 3.5 Features

first post: genbox wrote: As you might have seen, FPE 3.5 is under development. I'm working ...

latest post: genbox wrote: @dhallbauer: No and no are the answers to your first two questions....

Elastic collision not working properly

first post: achintmehta wrote: I have a ball object (a dynamic object) colliding with couple of st...

latest post: achintmehta wrote: Seems that after setting the inertia of body object to 1.0 did the ...

Mass error

first post: bvurth2 wrote: Hi there, I'm a beginner in Farseer, and I have this code that is...

latest post: genbox wrote: If you start the project from within Visual Studio, and you press t...

Motor Joint ( b2MotorJointDef )

first post: mfagerlund wrote: Hi, does Motor Joint ( Box2D b2MotorJointDef ) exist in Farseer? I'...

latest post: mfagerlund wrote: Ok, thanks!

Buoyancy Controller - jumping on surface

first post: andybeaulieu wrote: Not sure if this is something I configured wrong with the Buoyancy ...

latest post: johnnysayasane wrote: It just works like a charm for me tho~! Thank you. But, is it alrig...

Microsoft ceases XNA support

first post: Yax wrote: Hello, I am a french student in computer science and I will use F...

latest post: Yax wrote: Okay, then I will go for it. Thanks :)

Body.LinearDamping has more effect on the X axis than Y?

first post: CyberEgg wrote: Hi guys. I'm currently using Farseer to make a Top Down game so I'...

Linear Friction (not Angular)

first post: obrienLuk wrote: Hi, I've come back to Farseer and XNA after some time away in the...

latest post: mheydlauf wrote: Could you explain a little more as to why you need the Friction set...

Restitution ignored for low forces?

first post: Eugor wrote: Is there a solution for it? I've used a 100:1 scale for drawing ...

latest post: Eugor wrote: solved it myself. had to set fixedrotation to false.

Preventing slip

first post: victorMoneratto wrote: .

Static level geometry, should it be all one body?

first post: wonko_the_sane wrote: I'm making a game with procedurally generated levels made from bloc...

latest post: Genbox wrote: What AlzPatz says is correct. A single body with multiple fixtures ...

bullets, kinematic bodies, performance

first post: wonko_the_sane wrote: I'm using farseer for the physics in my game. I thought I may as we...

Making a side view car

first post: CaiusTSM wrote: Hello I am trying to to make a simple car that has springs, I am u...

latest post: mheydlauf wrote: You should probably use Line joints for suspension -- that's what ...

PolygonShape is not updated by its body

first post: TelmoAd wrote: Hi there,I'm trying to define a polygon to be updated by a body bo...

latest post: Genbox wrote: The shape never changes it position as it is copied over to the fi...

Determine top Y coordinate for body with multiple fixtures

first post: conehead wrote: I built a side scroller using one body as the ground. I have a ca...

latest post: conehead wrote: I ended up finding an easier way to do it. I basically recorded th...

Detecting if body is NOT colliding with anything

first post: guteks wrote: I'm having a hard time to reliably check if a body is currently no...

latest post: guteks wrote: Genbox wrote: The only way of doing this reliably in the engine, i...

Calculating collision force with AfterCollision/NormalImpulse is unreliable when IgnoreCCD = false?

first post: theremin wrote: I'm using Farseer 3.3.1 in a very simple XNA 4 test game. In this ...

latest post: theremin wrote: THANK YOU for this reply. I'm home for the holidays right now, so ...

OnCollision return value resolution.

first post: kbillemeyer wrote: If I have two handlers registered to one OnCollision event, and th...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: The value returned will be from the last handler to the multicast ...

Pausing the Physics Engine

first post: SniperED007 wrote: Im trying to pause the physics engine by setting all the Body's to ...

latest post: nemoryoliver wrote: I just discovered, it was so easy to pause the physics, call World...

Possible bug with EvenlyDistributeShapesAlongPath?

first post: warmonked wrote: Howdy,I'm experimenting with different ways to simulate a soft bod...

latest post: warmonked wrote: My path is the same as above (a 6x6 box). I understand it's just a...

BayazitDecomposer.ConvexPartition exception in WP8

first post: komwone wrote: Hello, I was told by a user that one of my wp7 games crashes on w...

latest post: Genbox wrote: The BayazitDecomposer, just like all the other triangulation algor...

Rotate to position of right thumbstick

first post: Krell wrote: I'm trying to make two bodies rotate to the same angle as the play...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: Some things you can try: - Make the joints more rigid (e.g. Freque...

RopeJoint Collision

first post: atsamy wrote: is there anyway to make the rope in the rope joint and the pulley ...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: I use ropes and chains a lot and it works beautifully. A rope is a...

Create rope like this game

first post: rex170 wrote: Hello, im trying to make a rope script like this for about 2 weeks...

latest post: atsamy wrote: sorry for crashing over and old post but Am having the same proble...

a mistake in SimplifyTools.cs?

first post: MahdiBahrami wrote: there is funtion in SimplifyTools.cs called DistancePointPoint. i ...

latest post: Genbox wrote: Oh, damn... that is one of mine. It is part of the Ramer-Douglas-P...

[Solved] sonic style platorm game question

first post: myutwo33 wrote: Hey guys, I want to ask anyone who might know about a the practica...

latest post: Genbox wrote: I forgot to answer the original question. Sorry about that. If you ...

[Solved]How to make the camera follow in debug view?

first post: nemoryoliver wrote: Because mine's camera does not follow the debug view.

latest post: Genbox wrote: The debug view follows the camera when you supply it with a transfo...

[Solved] Problem : Player does not move along with moving platform

first post: Sveznajko wrote: Hi guys , Another new guy here. Anyways I'm new to farseer and so ...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: What happens is that when going up the platform is pushing on the p...

[Solved] ApplyForce() has less impact without ApplyTorque()

first post: TheFnorder wrote: I am unable to recreate this in the TestBed, so there should be so...

latest post: fnorder wrote: Thanks Genbox. It happened to be a combination of fixing World.Ste...

[Solved] Can i fix a fiction on the world

first post: ShiroYacha wrote: Hi, I want to use farseer physics engine on a map-like 2D world. I...

latest post: shiroyacha wrote: Thx a lot!

New to Farseer - please help

first post: Spleeny wrote: Hi I'm very new to Farseer. I need to create balls that drop (i.e...

SlimDX Version?

first post: CodePlexd wrote: Is there any chance of this happening? XNA is pretty good, but, it'...

latest post: CodePlexd wrote: I'll check out this "base" version, and see if it works any better,...

Stop bodies from pushing each other?

first post: Eugor wrote: I'd like to stop bodies from pushing each other away and act like ...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: You can try this: make a ghost body that follows the dynamic body ...

Problem with removing connected body

first post: camel82106 wrote: Hi, I'm using this code to remove body from world: this.world.Rem...

latest post: Genbox wrote: This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to...

Destroying a body causes a crash?

first post: Morbidi wrote: Heya, I've got a class named "Bullet", and, as the name implies, i...

latest post: Genbox wrote: Could you post the code that replicates this? I would prefer it if ...

Convert your game to run in the browser with Roozz

first post: genbox wrote: As you might know, Farseer Physics have a link on the front page w...

Generating a curved floor

first post: Vaughands wrote: Evening, I have a texutre that contains my floor (placed in my s...

latest post: Genbox wrote: MSTerrain, where MS stands for Marching Squares, is a class that ca...

Implementing a basic fluid like water

first post: Vaughands wrote: Does Farseer provide any sample implementations of this? I see we ...

latest post: Vaughands wrote: Right, I saw 'Gemini' but that's still pretty pre-mature and I can'...

[Solved] How to fix edge catching on tiles

first post: fizzlesticks wrote: Hi, I'm have a bit of a problem with a rectangle moving along flat...

latest post: fizzlesticks wrote: Morbidi wrote: I'm not quite sure of the exact problem here, sinc...

[Solved] What's wrong with this?

first post: Vaughands wrote: Body body = BodyFactory.CreateCircle(newWorld, 3.5f, 5, ne...

latest post: Vaughands wrote: Typically in the past I just go with the Camera2D and a Matrix tran...

Assertion Failed!

first post: ningyou wrote: Hi! I'm making a small puzzle game for the PC, but a few days ago ...

Create indefinitely oscillating pendulum in Farseer Physics 3.3.1

first post: goneale wrote: Hi Guys, After a lot of tinkering around I have managed to produce ...

latest post: goneale wrote: Ah, interesting, thanks Jerry, will try when I get home from work. ...

Creating a new project

first post: Strikerx87 wrote: I was wondering when creating a new project should I be using the ...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: You have a few options: - Scale the physics ragdoll. This is not re...

Tutorials

first post: Strikerx87 wrote: I was wondering if there are any step by step tutorials that goes ...

latest post: Strikerx87 wrote: Thanks I appreciate the help. I also noticed that the documentation...

World namespace doesn't exist

first post: Strikerx87 wrote: I'm trying to create the world object but when I write World MyWor...

Farseer 2.1.1 question

first post: DjArcas wrote: I have two questions :) 1) If I ask a question about farseer 2.1...

latest post: djarcas wrote: Do I suspect that this forum is dead? Even a 'no, fuck off' to ques...

A lot of Objects makes my game slow.

first post: makikaki wrote: Hello, am making a game where i have to make around 180 objects bu...

Working Mono project with Farseer

first post: wp7Developer44 wrote: Does anyone have a working Farseer Project using MonoGame for iOS?...

Using FixedMouseJoint only in X direction?

first post: TheProgWay wrote: Hey folks, here is what I am trying to do: 1) Move a farseer ball ...

Has anyone created a Silverlight3D Farseer Library?

first post: LiquidAsh wrote: The Silverlight Library under Downloads (dated Apr9 2011) seems to ...

latest post: ndamjan wrote: LiquidAsh wrote: The Silverlight Library under Downloads (dated A...

Marching Squares!

first post: mattbettcher wrote: Hi everyone! Here is some quick snap shots of a new feature being ...

latest post: VoSSer wrote: Just wanted to show a working implementation using the Marching Sq...

Overlapping Objects Creates Lag

first post: freeqaz wrote: Hey guys, so I've been working on an MMO that uses Farseer for abou...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: You need to cast the userdata to a class, no way around that. Or in...

Explosion.cs crash on MaxShapes Array

first post: danthat wrote: I'm getting a crash if Explosion.cs has more than MaxShapes in its...

latest post: danthat wrote: Yeah, limiting it is exactly what I did in the end. Was waiting to ...

Problem with world.QueryAABB

first post: spahar0 wrote: Hello again, in my game I am using sprite animations, so I want dif...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: I am not overly familiar with the code but afair there is an issue....

Revolute Joint: how to maintain two bodies distance stable?

first post: spahar0 wrote: Hello, I am trying to create a 2D platform character by using a Rec...

latest post: spahar0 wrote: Thanks a lot for your help. First of all I followed your last adv...

Collision Issue

first post: tosimba wrote: Working on a top down physics game, similar to pinball. I'm runnin...

Fixed joints around a planet

first post: Aeacus wrote: This problem is a little hard to explain with text and pictures, so...

latest post: fred_star wrote: the answer was really simple. but the body.Sweep is not public sett...

Can't make WeldJoint work, please help.

first post: soyo wrote: Hi guys. I will cut to the chase.I have a player who has a body mad...

latest post: ssjmetroid wrote: Wow I'm glad this was discussed on the forums already. I just ran ...

Breakable Body penetrates Polygon?

first post: poohshoes wrote: My breakable body is penetrating into my polygon. The body is recta...

latest post: poohshoes wrote: I fixed this my lowering my mass from 500 to 50, i have no idea wh...

Slopes & ramps in a side scrolling game

first post: caravaggi0 wrote: I'm messing around with farseer (nice work to all involved btw)...

latest post: caravaggi0 wrote: Thanks for the replies guys. /\ Holy crap the lighting effect on th...

Fluid in farseer

first post: sueds wrote: Hi there, I red on the forum that fluid were going to be implement...

latest post: Heishe wrote: Hey, sorry to bump this old thread, but @Genbox: Are there any upda...

Rotation Question

first post: AscensionD wrote: So I have a list of circle fixtures, and a main ball which is a ci...

Body passes through LoopShape

first post: poohshoes wrote: My guess is that I am doing this wrong but currently my level is b...

latest post: poohshoes wrote: I just realized that if I make my boundary out of loopShapes, even ...

Rolling weel/box character penetrates flat ground

first post: adman wrote: Here's my story... I've got a 2D platformer type world that is dra...

latest post: adman wrote: Ha! Thanks! I didn't expect to be "recognized" here. :) I'm qui...

[WP7] Performance issues with kinematic bodies and LinearVelocity

first post: trydis wrote: The simulation runs smooth at 60 fps both on the emulator and the W...

latest post: trydis wrote: Thank you for the reply. The problem is that when the update time i...

'Shaky' physics in platformer

first post: hayer wrote: Hi I'm trying to create a platformer/maze -like game. Where the wo...

latest post: victorspain wrote: It's because the friction. Set the friction of the boxes to 0 and s...

help about physics in game

first post: LuuBi wrote: hello guys, i'm making a game like angry birds, there 're some ma...

latest post: jcicero09 wrote: You could increase/decrease the body density to give a more accurat...

how to make a circle Body stop moving

first post: LuuBi wrote: I'm making a Game like AngryBirds , when i shoot the bird to bri...

latest post: jcicero09 wrote: You could attach a revolute joint to the circle and then after a pe...

How to create track (map / level) - best practices

first post: JuZZiO wrote: Hi,i've been working for past full two hours to create a racing tra...

latest post: JuZZiO wrote: Anyone? Thx!

AngleJoint doesn't work in newer change set

first post: shamanu wrote: In the latest change set (94324) the AngleJoint doesn't work correc...

latest post: darktable wrote: Seconded. Does anyone know the last changeset where AngleJoint was...

help about impulse in farseer physics

first post: LuuBi wrote: Hello guys i'am very new to Farseer, i don't know how to use im...

latest post: jcicero09 wrote: You can check out the Farseer manual here: http://www.farseergames....

Manage to get an arrow body stick into other body

first post: CSharper76 wrote: Hello guys i'am very new to Farseer, i created arrows as physics bo...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: Check this tutorial for sticking the arrows: http://www.iforce2d.ne...

'Sliding' behaving oddly.

first post: RAMailley wrote: Hi, guys. I'm trying to make a platformer using Farseer. I realize ...

latest post: jerrysb wrote: Hi, I few things from looking at your code. The force magnitude is ...

Closest point to loopshape...

first post: adman wrote: I have a static body with a fixture that is a loopshape. It's big...

latest post: adman wrote: Thanks for your note. Just to followup, I ended up casting rays. I...

How to merge polygons for a tilemap

first post: Ayalaskin wrote: Hello. I'm currently working on a toolset for platform games, and i...

latest post: astralking wrote: Bringing up an old thread here but if you could pm me any source co...