Farseer Physics Engine 3.5 - Mars is not that far away
FPE 3.5 is a major release that implements the latest tools, bugfixes and speed improvements. Note that all the packages contain project files for both XNA, Xbox360, Windows Phone 7 and MonoGames
Support the project
If you liked this release and would like to keep this project going. Please consider donating.
- Huge speed improvement when added a lot of bodies
- Support for MonoGame
- New MotorJoint for car suspension
- Fixed a bug where OnSeparation was not always called
- Less garbage generated from DebugView
- More cache-coherent joints
- Fixed bug in YuPengClipper when two polygons completely overlapped
- The engine should now be thread safe.
- Arc shapes now use a single body
- Added LoopShape, a fully closed set of edge shapes with smooth collision
- Better serialization support (now with support for joints)
- Cloning objects have been fixed
- Introduced AllCollisionCallbacksAgree and SkipSanityChecks to Settings
- Much, much more...
Notes on upgrading
The engine is not
backwards compatible. If your current version works fine, I would suggest you keep it. A few of the changes that breaks backwards compatibility:
- Triangulation algorithms are now encapsulated inside the new Triangulate class. This is to ensure high performance by omitting checks that are not necessary for different algorithms.
- All joints now work in local coordinates. Use the "UseWorldCoordinates" overload and set it to true, to use world coordinates instead.
- Fixed joints have been removed, as they had issues calculating the correct position and velocity in some rare situations.