Farseer Physics Engine 2.0 Changelist
- New samples
- Inactivity controller
- Object cache
- Path Generator (Tank track and chains demo)
- Wind and explosions
- More documentation
- Including interactive samples to demonstrate springs and joints
- Very extensive. Includes performance tips and tricks.
- Added ComplexFactory for creating complex structures
- Includes creating rope and chains.
- Added Path Generator
- You can create bodies along a path and link the bodies together. This is used with the chain/rope factory.
- Texture to polygon
- Convert your texture to a uint array and Farseer Physics will create a Vertices list of polygons around your texture.
- Support for ellipse shape
- New Vertices.CreateEllipse() and ellipse factories for both bodies and geometries.
- DrawingHelper class in XNA samples now support ellipse textures.
- Refactoring joints and springs
- Removed MOIForRectangle from the BodyFactory
- Use BodyFactory.CreateRectangleBody() instead.
- Removed SetBroadPhaseCollider(IBroadPhaseCollider broadPhaseCollider)
- Added the property "IBroadPhaseCollider BroadPhaseCollider" instead.
- Added OnBroadPhaseCollision event to the IBroadPhaseCollider interface. It fires before constructing arbiters.
- Renamed Collision delegate to OnCollision.
- Added OnSeparation delegate to Geom class
- Fixed bug in samples that caused Dispose() to be ignored in some cases.
- Fixed all bugs waiting in the bug reporting system
- Changed properties to be public fields. This forces you to recompile your application.
- Added IsSensor property to Geom class. Use this to make the geometry behave as a sensor.
- Sensors detects collisions but does not calculate impulses and is static. (not able to move).
A lot of those new changes can break your game. We tried to keep the API as close to 22.214.171.124 as possible, but some namespace changes may require you to edit your game..
If you have any questions, problems or improvements. Please write in our discussions forum.
You can find the new online manual here: http://www.physicspoweredgames.com/FarseerPhysics/Manual2.0.htm
with the new Silverlight samples that demonstrates joints and springs.
There is also a word and pdf version of the manual available. They are contained in the "Farseer Physics Engine 2.0 Manual" file under downloads.
Path generator and chain factoryDaniel Pramel
Fixes, Scaling and InactivityControllerLaszlo Perneky
Multithreading sampleDavid Reschke
Texture to polygon algorithmMarvin Killing
Ellipse shape supportEveryone who suggested features for 2.0
Thanks to the community for supporting Farseer Physics and suggesting fixes, improvements and features for our 2.0 release.