I am pleased to announce our biggest release yet:Farseer Physics Engine 3.2 - Might contain traces of peanut butter
It contains support for about every .NET enabled platform imaginable: Vanilia .NET, Xbox360, Windows Phone 7, Silverlight, WPF, XNA and more. I would like to thank all the contributors for their patches and help on the forums. It is really appreciated and your continued support is what keeps this project running.
- New features in XNA debug view
- Restructured debug panel
- New performance graph
- New edge collider code
- Brings features like edge adjacency
- New triangulation algorithms
- Constrained Delaunay triangulation algorithm (From Poly2Tri)
- Seidel triangulation algorithm (From Poly2Tri)
- Added fixed version of the FrictionJoint
- Major updates to the samples
- They now features a camera that support zooming, rotating and translation.
- New textures that works with the DebugView
- Shows you how easy it is to scale between the MKS system and pixels.
- New option in Settings: UseFPECollisionCategories
- Use the switch to enable FPE or Box2D collision categories behavior
- New PhysicsLogic framework
- Has an extensive filtering system using collision categories
- Breakable joints
- Set Joint.Breakpoint to a value of your choice.
- New VelocityLimitController
- Use World.TestPoint to check if the specified point is inside any of the fixtures in the world.
- Lock free World
- Add and remove physics objects during callbacks
- Heavy micro-optimizations
- Increased performance with up to 44% on PC and 61% on Xbox360
- New graphics system in samples framework
- Textured boxes, nice menu system and more.
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
- Collision filtering stuff has been moved to Fixture.CollisionFilter
- Adding and removing bodies and joints are no longer instant. Call World.ProcessChanges() to process changes immediately.
- Body.Active is now Body.Enabled.
- BeginContact delegate now expects a boolean return value.
- Join anchors have been refactored. You might get unexpected results depending on the type of joint.
- Removed PolygonShape.Centroid - Use PolygonShape.MassData.Centroid instead
- World.CreateBody() is now World.AddBody(Body). Instanciating new bodies like this: "Body b = new Body(World)" will add it to the world.
- FixtureFactory.CreateEdge() now creates and edge shape instead of a polygon shape with 2 vertices.
Controls for all samples
Use the mouse to drag things around.Testbed controls
I - Previous test
O - Next test
P - Pause
R - Reset
F1 - F8 - Debug controls.Hello World controls
A - Rotate left
D - Rotate right
- Not all samples have the ability to be controlled.
- Hello World sample does not sleep correctly on Xbox360
If you liked this release and would like to keep this project going. Please consider donating to our project.