Here is the 3.3 release with all its goodies:Farseer Physics Engine 3.3 - Swiss army knife of physics
I would like to thank Helge Backhaus for his tremendous work on the samples and all his contributions to our great project. I would also like to thank Matthew Bettcher for his port of marching squares and great work packing it all into a neat API. A thanks also goes out to David Reschke for continued work on his texture to vertices algorithm.
- New samples for XNA
- Unified on all platforms. Should work the same on WP7, Xbox360 and PC
- RopeJoint now works
- Support for cloning of bodies, fixtures and shapes
- Brand new HelloWorld sample
- World.Clear() clears the whole world
- New and improved texture to vertices code
- Serialization support using the Box2DScene format
- Marching squares algorithm with destructible terrain
- New LineJoint works as a car suspension joint
- There is also a FixedLineJoint version
- More checks in code to prevent NaN floats
- BodyFactory creates bodies with attached fixtures
- FixtureFactory now only attaches fixtures to existing bodies
- All fixture properties have been wrapped into Body. Body.Restitution now changes restitution on all attached fixtures
- BuoyancyController has been added
- Andrew's Monotone Chain Algorithm convex hull algorithm added
- Body.IgnoreCCD makes the body ignore CCD even if it is static.
- QuadTree based broad phase algorithm added.
- Default is still Dynamic Tree
- New arc shape
- use BodyFactory.CreateLineArc() and CreateSolidArc() to create arcs.
- Lots and lots of bug fixes
- BodyFactory is now the main factory for creating physics elements
- LoopShape and closed arc shapes does not work with bodies that have several fixtures attached.
- SliderJoint does not work correctly.
- Racing Car demo from samples does not have WP7 controls.
- VelocityLimitController does not work correctly.
- SeidelDecomposer might give unexpected results on other platforms than XNA.
- MSTerrain is not included in class and silverlight projects
Support the project
If you liked this release and would like to keep this project going. Please consider donating to our project.