Welcome to Farseer Physics Engine
Tutorials & FAQ
What is Farseer Physics Engine?
Farseer Physics Engine is a collision detection system with realistic physics responses. This means you can create a game or robotic simulation easily using the engine and the associated tools. Everything from a simple hobby game to a complex robotic simulation
is possible with Farseer Physics Engine.
the latest version and checkout our
Farseer Physics Engine is based on Box2D, which means we have a lot of features in common. However, we also have a lot more features that are not included in the Box2D engine. See a list in our
- Continuous collision detection (with time of impact solver)
- Contact callbacks: begin, end, pre-solve, post-solve
- Convex and concave polyons and circles.
- Multiple shapes per body
- Dynamic tree and quad tree broadphase
- Fast broadphase AABB queries and raycasts
- Collision groups and categories
- Sleep management
- Friction and restitution
- Stable stacking with a linear-time solver
- Revolute, prismatic, distance, pulley, gear, mouse joint, and other joint types
- Joint limits and joint motors
- Controllers (gravity, force generators)
- Tools to decompose concave polygons, find convex hulls and boolean operations
- Factories to simplify the creation of bodies
Donate to help us keep the project going.
Click here to donate
Donations are listed on our