That's really cool

Topics: User Forum
Oct 6, 2006 at 9:41 PM
That's cool, I'm really waiting for joints and constraints.

I think people can start creating utilities and editors for this engine.

I have a question. I looked quickly at the code of the engine but I'm asking, can this engine work on different graphics platforms. I mean can it run on DirectX not XNA, or may be GDI only for small games that don't need fast rendering performance?

I think the engine library only uses Vector2 and Matrix classes from XNA.

Keep up the good work..
Oct 6, 2006 at 10:17 PM
I started making this engine generic and had my own math constructs, but when XNA came out I made the decision to make it an XNA only engine. I'm ultimately planning to use this engine for my own game and it will be build in XNA. I decided I didn't want to have to be converting between my vector format and XNA's.

Oct 9, 2006 at 11:13 AM
Agree - it looks good.
I know that time estimation are hard to make on a hobby project - but do you have an ETA on constraints/joints? I need a system that handles it and sincerely hope to avoid making one myself ;)
Oct 9, 2006 at 2:40 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have a good estimate. It will probably be a couple months at least.

I really want them too, but I have other stuff I need to get in first.
Oct 19, 2006 at 12:54 PM
This is pretty cool, and very well written. Thanks so much for your engine. I can not wait until you can get Joints included, that will make this complete, at least for my needs!

Keep up the good work!