WPF

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:55 PM
Is there any chance for WPF support in the near future?

Also in addition to this what about WPF 3D?

I really enjoy using LW to design objects, export to XAML and importing them into Blend and I am new to physics however I would really love to hook physics up to these objects in the ViewPort3D and go from there.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and take care.
Coordinator
Dec 20, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Edited Dec 20, 2007 at 5:33 PM
Well you should already be able to use the engine for 2D WPF. You might need to do a tiny bit of work to get it loading into whatever version of studio you are using, but after that you should be able to just add a reference to it. Now, there is not support of XAML or anything, but you can get position and rotation updates from the engine and apply them to you WPF shapes in real-time.

It's really not much diff. then how it works in Silverlight.

As for 3D, I don't have any plans for making Farseer 3D. I don't have enough free dev hours to tackle that.

-Jeff
Dec 20, 2007 at 5:44 PM
Ah. That's too bad. Thanks though!
Dec 20, 2007 at 8:34 PM
I've got it working with WPF. It wasn't too hard because they are fairly similar.

However, I couldn't load the "brushes" from XAML like the silverlight demos do - I had to do it all in code.
Coordinator
Dec 21, 2007 at 8:07 PM

bushmango wrote:
I've got it working with WPF. It wasn't too hard because they are fairly similar.

However, I couldn't load the "brushes" from XAML like the silverlight demos do - I had to do it all in code.

I have already converted the debugging from XNA to WPF. I needed that in my latest project.

You can see some of the debugging in progress here:
http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/28183/SmartDrawGeometry-avi.html

(This video was made to demonstrate a bug I have in my application)