Realtime Physics Simulator Design

Topics: Project Management Forum
Dec 22, 2007 at 7:40 PM
Hi everybody. I am designing, (or at least attempting) to design a real time physics simulator with Farseer. I want it to be very much like the visual simulation part of Interactive Physics 2005 (google for a demo). The end product should allow opening and saving of simulations. I think I am gonna stick with XNA as the base and use xWinForms for my tool bars and stuff. Right now I am just playing with Farseer and C# as this is the first time I have programed with either. Anyways is anyone else working on something like this? If so is it possible to join forces?
Dec 23, 2007 at 2:32 PM
I think I come pretty close. I've created an application that uses Farseer physics and AI together in a paint-like application. You can draw a circle and it will use AI to recognise the circle and then draw a perfect circle (and convert it to a Farseer object).

I use WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) for my application, I have converted all the debugging from the Silverlight version of Farseer to work with WPF, and I extended the Farseer engine a little to work correctly with the debugging and WPF.

Unfortunately I'm to buzy right now to help you directly, but occasional questions should be no problem
Dec 23, 2007 at 2:32 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2007 at 2:33 PM
EDIT - Stupid AJAX .... Codeplex needs to prevent double posting.