Realtime Physics Simulator Design

Topics: Project Management Forum
Developer
Dec 22, 2007 at 8:40 PM
Hi everybody. I am designing, (or at least attempting) to design a real time physics simulator with Farseer. I want it to be very much like the visual simulation part of Interactive Physics 2005 (google for a demo). The end product should allow opening and saving of simulations. I think I am gonna stick with XNA as the base and use xWinForms for my tool bars and stuff. Right now I am just playing with Farseer and C# as this is the first time I have programed with either. Anyways is anyone else working on something like this? If so is it possible to join forces?
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM
I think I come pretty close. I've created an application that uses Farseer physics and AI together in a paint-like application. You can draw a circle and it will use AI to recognise the circle and then draw a perfect circle (and convert it to a Farseer object).

I use WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) for my application, I have converted all the debugging from the Silverlight version of Farseer to work with WPF, and I extended the Farseer engine a little to work correctly with the debugging and WPF.

Unfortunately I'm to buzy right now to help you directly, but occasional questions should be no problem
Coordinator
Dec 23, 2007 at 3:32 PM
Edited Dec 23, 2007 at 3:33 PM
EDIT - Stupid AJAX .... Codeplex needs to prevent double posting.