Xna-less version

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 30, 2007 at 7:46 AM

I've been using the physics lib for a xna game. But many ppl wouldn't/couldn't install xna, so I decided to port it to OpenGL instead, but the physics lib got dependencies to xna. I tried to switch to the non xna version, but I was too deeply dependend on the latest build so many things were missing. I tried to download the source so I could "de-xna" it, but failed to get it. I tries both svn checkout and the tfc tools.

Do you plan to release a new non xna dependent version?

My game (a entry in ludumdare 48h) can be found here with compete source: http://www.imitationpickles.org/ludum/2007/12/16/helichain-final/

Best regards/Christoffer
Dec 31, 2007 at 6:56 PM
If you grab the FarseerPhysicsEngineOnly code, you can de-xna it simply by going into project properties and removing the XNA conditional compilation under the build tab. You can then remove the xna references and should be good to go.

I explain this in a bullet point in the release of the engine.

Hope this helps.
Jan 1, 2008 at 8:56 PM
I finally was able to download changeset 15198, the newer (15199) did not send a file to me. I managed to remove all xna references. All I needed was Vector2, 3 and Matrix. I took them from the Farseer XNA release. I had to implement a few overloads like public static Matrix CreateTranslation(float xPosition, float yPosition, float zPosition) but that was all. I compiled fine, and now I'm using it without XNA. Yay!

Jan 3, 2008 at 12:00 AM
Maybe you failed to notice that the changeset 15199 was a year old a day ago. You will want to download from the Releases tab.
Jan 3, 2008 at 6:15 AM
Edited Jan 3, 2008 at 6:16 AM

BioSlayer wrote:
Maybe you failed to notice that the changeset 15199 was a year old a day ago. You will want to download from the Releases tab.

Oops, yes I missed that completely. However, my game works now without XNA and all is swell. I'll look into the Source under the Releases tab if I get the time (Do not fix what is working, is wise though). Thanks
Jan 3, 2008 at 11:02 AM
Oh, yeah. I haven't used integrated source control with codeplex in quite some time. That code is VERY outdated.

Thanks for catching that BioSlayer.
Jan 6, 2008 at 4:47 PM
I've updated to 1.0.03 now, here is my game if anyone is interested: http://www.imitationpickles.org/ludum/2008/01/05/helichain-reborn/
making the controls of the helicopter good is no easy task.
Jan 6, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Edited Jan 6, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Duplicate post removed...