Math4Kids

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Hello,

At school we had a course to develop a game, my approach was to teach early mathematical concepts to young children. To explore this idea, i  developed an application that provides children from 5 to 7 years old to learn simple maths concepts by interacting and playing in a game.

So i would like to share with you all the final result of the project in which one of the attractions, is the way that the child handles the objects and the way they respond to user feedback, to achieve the realistic behavior i've used the Farseer Physics Engine.

Tests were performed with a group composed by 15 children aging from 5 to 7 years old and sometimes, an interesting event occurred when some children felt frustrated they started to amuse themselves by moving the objects around and watching the way they collide. In these cases, the Preschool educator had to intervene and call their attention to the main goal of mini-game. The oldest children were able to solve the mini-games in a very fast and spontaneous way.

The games are really simple because of the audience intended, so please have that in mind.

You can download the game at  Math4Kids.

Anyway thanks for all the help that was given here at the community, without it wouldn't been possible to obtain this result.

Cheers.