FP3.0 Xbox 360 build issues

Topics: Developer Forum
Sep 28, 2010 at 8:01 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I'm having trouble building an Xbox version with FP3.0 and XNA 4. Whole heap of errors, while I chew through them, just wondering if anyone else has done it and can give me some pointers?

The most dastardly I think is in FixtureFactory.cs: Feature 'optional parameter' cannot be used because it is not part of the 3.0 C# language specification

public static Fixture CreateCircle(World world, float radius, float density, Vector2 offset, Body body = null)
             // blah

I've also got: Metadata file '...\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Farseer Physics Engine 3.0 XNA\bin\Xbox 360\Debug\Farseer Physics 3.0 XNA.dll' could not be found Xbox 360 Copy of DebugView 3.0 XNA

Any shoves in the right direction to save me some time would be much appreciated :) 

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM
Edited Sep 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Sorry to bump... does anyone have any experience with this? I'm still struggling...

EDIT: now I think about it, the missing .dll is clearly because it's not compiling because of the Optional Parameter issue. Is there a changeset that shifts FP for this? Or do I need to shift a preference somewhere to use C# 4?

EDIT 2: got it working by bringing up the Farseer project properties, going to Advanced and changing the Language Version to default. 

If anyone knows any reason why this might be a particularly bad idea, do please let me know.

Hopefully this helps someone else :)

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:41 PM

This helped me. Thanks a bunch for following up with your actions/results.