Oct 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM

If you have any requests, improvements or the like to the documentation; here is the place to write them.

Anything is welcome.

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I just noticed a small typo that might confuse some people:

Since Farseer Physics Engine 3.0, we only support convex polygons. If you need to add a concave polygon, you will have to decompose it to smaller convex polygons first. We provide two different decomposition tools; both of them returns a list of concave polygons that can be used in the engine.

Shouldn't that be a list of convex polygons?

Thanks for all of your hard work.  If you ever need help with documentation or the project in general, I'd be glad to pitch in some time.  

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Nicely done. I've changed it to convex polygons as it should be.

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Ian, at the bottom of the documentation you say that we use Separate Axis Theorem algorithm as the narrow phase. This is incorrect. There is some SAT code in the engine but mostly it's using a modified Gilbert-Johnson-Keerthi distance algorithm.

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Its probably already on your mind, but when I first started learning the engine I found the joint demos and code very helpful.  I also was drawn into using it because of your showpiece demos, you could easily see the potential.  So perhaps getting those back in would be a good addition.

Oct 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Now that XNA 4.0 is out I am planning on adding a set of samples using the old style (2.x) framework with new rendering techniques so beginners can see how easy it is to code with MKS units in XNA 4.0.

Oct 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM

@Mattbettcher: Thanks for clearing that up. I will fix it as soon as I can. It sounds like a good idea with the samples, a lot of people are confused about the MKS unit system.

@Jerkald: Codeplex has some Silverlight support in the wiki, but I'm not sure if the Documentation tab supports it. I will investigate it and come up with some interactive samples for the documentation.