Introducing Xaml Physics

Mar 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I've created an open source project called Xaml Physics as a layer on top of the Farseer Physics Engine.

I wrote it while creating my Silverlight game Snow Spill and just released it to CodePlex a few weeks ago. It allows you to write all the relevant physics stuff in xaml and then it will take care of the rest.

For example

<physics:PhysicalBox x:Name="PhysicalBox">
    <Rectangle Canvas.Top="100" Canvas.Left="0" Width="400" Height="30" Fill="Black">
        <physics:PhysicalBox.Body>
            <physics:RectangleBody IsStatic="True" />
        </physics:PhysicalBox.Body>
    </Rectangle>
    <Rectangle Canvas.Top="0" Canvas.Left="20" Width="10" Height="10" Fill="Black">
        <physics:PhysicalBox.Body>
            <physics:RectangleBody Mass="10" />
        </physics:PhysicalBox.Body>
    </Rectangle>
</physics:PhysicalBox>

I think this will make the Farseer Physics Engine easier to approach for new users.

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM
Nice work looking forward to further developments

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2011 2:52 AM
To: rockstarg33k@hotmail.com
Subject: Introducing Xaml Physics [FarseerPhysics:248595]

> From: liserdarts
>
> I've created an open source project called Xaml Physics as a layer on top of the Farseer Physics Engine.I wrote it while creating my Silverlight game Snow Spill and just released it to CodePlex a few weeks ago. It allows you to write all the relevant physics stuff in xaml and then it will take care of the rest.For example<physics:PhysicalBox x:Name="PhysicalBox"> <Rectangle Canvas.Top="100" Canvas.Left="0" Width="400" Height="30" Fill="Black"> <physics:PhysicalBox.Body> <physics:RectangleBody IsStatic="True" /> </physics:PhysicalBox.Body> </Rectangle> <Rectangle Canvas.Top="0" Canvas.Left="20" Width="10" Height="10" Fill="Black"> <physics:PhysicalBox.Body> <physics:RectangleBody Mass="10" /> </physics:PhysicalBox.Body> </Rectangle></physics:PhysicalBox>I think this will make the Farseer Physics Engine easier to approach for new users.
>
>