The Fishbowl - Game using Farseer

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Hi, recently I made a quick video of the game I'm working on. It's a 2.5D platform game, meaning the levels are 3D cubes, but the rooms in them are plain 2D.

Video on Vimeo

Not much Farseer magic happening in the video, but a funny thing to note is that there are 6 physics worlds, one for every room. Only one is active at a time. Everytime a new room is entered, the direction of the gravity is updated, so in the end I will have things falling from the ceiling and that sort of thing.
Also, you can spot the character getting stuck once while climbing. Still need to fix that :D

Thanks for all the support I received from this community so far!

Developer
Mar 22, 2011 at 10:49 AM

That looks really good. The controls at least seem to be very robust and responsive and I like the running animation.

Looking forward to see a lot of physics stuff in there soon ;)

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Wow...that is pretty unique!  I don't think I've seen a game like this before.  Way to think outside of the box!  Hehe.  ;)  Keep up the great work and I hope your game does well.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Hey, thanks for the nice reactions :)

I thought the idea was pretty unique too, but lately I found a couple of games that use more or less the same trick (although in pretty different setups). One of them is Cardboard Box Assembler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCE-7CWdQnc