New to Farseer, need help with 3.3.1

Topics: User Forum
Jun 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Hi All,

I have Farseer 3.3.1 and I can't seem to find a single tutorial to get anything working with it. I've tried looking though the samples but they have double inherited classes and everything is split up pretty hardcore.

Is there anywhere that has just a simple demo of getting a box to fall on a long static platform? One of the challenges I've had is every tutorial shows  FixtureFactory.Create(something) but in 3.3.1 there are no create functions only attach functions. I tried to hack it all together, then I had a box falling on a platform and stopping, then slowly sliding to the right, then falling through the platform.

Anyone out there understand 3.3.1???

Thanks

Jun 29, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Hey OneManWar, like you I had a few problems when I started using Farseer. Did you try looking at the "Hello World XNA" example?

If you wanna create a fixture and a body you should use the BodyFactory class. It creates a Body and attach a fixture/shape to it.

I've created an article for starters a few days ago (in portuguese =/, but you can still understand the code ) here.

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:04 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2011 at 4:05 AM

OneManWar, I'm experiencing the same problem. Take a look at the "Restitution not working" thread (http://farseerphysics.codeplex.com/discussions/263029). There I've uploaded a sample that shows the minimal code for showing a ball falling to the ground. I'm trying to make it bounce but my code is not working yet.

Hope you find it useful.

Jul 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, I'll check out the hello world XNA fileset, and your restitution not working Pepe.