Aug 5, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM
- What was the scale in 2.3?
Things were set in pixels, so if you make: box(100, 100) ir would be 100x100 pixels, now it will be 100x100 meters! so even with a veeeeeery big screen that's too much. Why it looks the same is because you viewpoint is also bigger, so everything looks the
same, but does not react the same.
2.3: i dont't know, Pixels, seconds
3.3: Kilograms, meters, seconds.
- Will I have to change the scale that everything else is drawn that is not a body?
You can use ConvertUnits.ToSimulationUnits to conver from pixels (2.3) to meters (3.3), and ConvertUnits.ToDisplayUnits to do backwards.
- When I set up a joint do the anchor points need to be converted as well?
I think so.
- Will this set up the mass the same way it was before?
The mass now is in Kilograms, i don't know in which units was it in 2.3.
- Can I set the mass manually?
I alwais use density, which is kilograms/m^3, but I think you can set mass too.
- Is the mass units the same in 2.3 and 3.3?
I don't know.
- Do forces work the same in 2.3 and 3.3?
Yes, I think the both are set in Newtons.
- Do I need to convert the force numbers as well?
If the previous answer is right you should not. Changing the size of the bodies (Pixels -> meters) should make them act like before.
Hope this helps you at last a bit.
Disclaimer: I've never used FPE less than 3.3