"Holes" in polygons?

Aug 26, 2008 at 11:03 AM
I was thinking of making a small Stunt Bike demo and i was thinking of how i could do The Bike as a Physics object, i then though of the holes in the middle (I forgot there didnt actually have to be collisions in the holes XD) And then it made me think, is there a way to make "Holes" Out of polygons? So i could have a Square, With a circle gap in the middle which could hold other objects... Is there currently anyway to do this apart from make two Polygons that have half the Hole?
Aug 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM
The two polygons with half the hole are the only way I've found. The engine can't handle polygons made up of two distinct sets of vertices, which would be required.
Developer
Aug 26, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Farseer only support concave polygons. Not polygons with holes. Your best option is to split these complex shapes up into 2 or more Geom's. remember I believe you can add multiple Geom's to a single Body.
Aug 27, 2008 at 9:40 PM
Ah, yes like the "Agent" Example in most of the Demos? I think ill try using that then
Aug 31, 2008 at 5:19 AM
Ah yes, I've tried doing this, but things in the "hole" will seep out under harsh enough conditions.
So I gave up on it =(.
Developer
Sep 1, 2008 at 5:46 AM
If your having problems with collision penetration then you need to increase the iterations that farseer does.