Joints and Cars

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 31, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Is there a demo or sample available showing how each joint works?

I am trying to make something similar to a car, where a circle with torque applied is attached to a circle without torque.  And the circle with torque pulls the other circle along.

Does that make sense? 
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2008 at 1:01 AM
Edited Nov 1, 2008 at 1:10 AM
"Is there a demo or sample available showing how each joint works?"

No, but there will be in 3 days :) We are currently working on getting Farseer Physics 2.0 released. It includes an online manual with silverlight demos of each joint and spring in Farseer Physics.

"I am trying to make something similar to a car, where a circle with torque applied is attached to a circle without torque.  And the circle with torque pulls the other circle along."

You would need to use the revolute joint. The revolute joint can joint two bodies together and allow the bodies to rotate. I'm going to send you a link in a moment, hang on.

Update: Send you a Codeplex message. Hope you got my link Tony.
Nov 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM
New to Codeplex, how would I check?
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2008 at 5:41 PM
You should recieve an email. The email you wrote when registering with Codeplex.
Nov 3, 2008 at 11:12 PM
I figured out the car.  I was not setting the collision group on the axle the same as the collision group of the wheels.  I have received emails, but they are the same as what is posted here.