[Solved] farseer physics xbox samples not working

Topics: Developer Forum
Nov 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I have downloaded a few of the sample projects from the official farseer physics website and i just cant get them to run on my xbox.

-My connection to the xbox is fine, other xbox projects debug fine on my xbox -I have tried running both the xbox versions of the samples (for example the farseer hello world sample project) and the windows version by right-clicking the project and making a copy for xbox.

I get a bunch of errors but what i always get is "unreachable code detected" referring to code in the farseer library, it seems to be a problem to do with referencing/linking the farseer library to the main game project.

Help please!

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM

You probably opened the WP7 or Windows versions of the project. If you download the "Farseer Physics Engine 3.3.1 Samples XNA" project, you will see an Xbox360 solution. If you open that and deploy it on Xbox360, it should work right out of the box.

I think the problem you have, is that Farseer Physics expect certain compiler conditionals to be present. It needs to have the "XBOX;XBOX360" compiler conditionals if I remember correctly. You can set these conditionals by right clicking on your Xbox360 project, go to the "Build" tab and then it is inside the "Conditional compilation symbols".

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:42 PM

nevermind i think the problem was todo with my visual studio being corrupt, i reinstalled and now everything is fine!