newB question about combining engines

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 9, 2008 at 3:15 AM
Hey guys.
I'm new to game engines and I'm about to get involved in a small project I'm doing to make a game.
My question is if it's possible to combine two engines for this game. I was hoping to use the farseer engine and the flatredball engine since they are both 2D engines.
I was hoping to use the farseer engine for physics and the flatredball engine for everything else.
If anyone can give me there two cents about the whole idea it would be greatly appriciated.
thank you.

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2008 at 7:29 AM
I'm actually talking with Victor from the FRB project to make sure that people can work with Farseer and FRB as easy as possible. As for now, you will have to ask on the FRB forums about how to setup FRB. I can help you with the Farseer Phsyics part.

All our basic stuff about setup can be read here in our manual: http://www.physicspoweredgames.com/FarseerPhysics/Manual2.0.htm
Dec 9, 2008 at 3:42 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 7:56 PM
This is awsome!
My buddy and I are currently working on a video game together for school. Any advice would be great to help us get this game going.  Were hoping to get a pretty good game going by then end of the school semester (somewhere in april) and it might show off what the two can do together.