Perspective view instead of orthographic in farseer

Topics: User Forum
Mar 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM
How could I create perspective view to see z-plane of a 3d object? They all flat in that kind if vew. I'm creating some kind if a GTA 2 and want to do 3d buildings and some other objects.
Mar 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Farseer is a physics engine (not a complete game engine) and has nothing to do with how you render your scene. The examples include a camera and other screen management and drawing helpers for XNA, but that's more of a courtesy so you can see running examples on how you use the engine -- I don't think they're officially a part of the supported engine.

So your question on how to render a 3D scene, or setup a perspective vs orthographic camera, would be better suited on a message board for whatever rendering technology you're using (XNA or WPF or whatever). Farseer helps you figure out where you're objects should be for every frame in a realistic 2D physics way, how you draw those objects is up to you.

Mike.
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Thank you, I certainly understand that. But sometimes it's hard to find a good example, especially, when you are doing something for the first time. I know pretty much about 2d rendering, but 3d is a "not just 2d with additional axis" as I realize. I just can't handle with Farseer coordinates in 3d. But still thanks.