Some Issues

Jan 26, 2009 at 12:00 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2009 at 12:01 AM

First of all I would thank you for doing this great physic engine! I'm a trainee in development from germany and I'm really interrested in what you are doing.
But I'm a little bit in trouble. If I add more physic objects like in this screenshot they will not come to a point of no movement especially if they are stacking!
Is it possible to lead me on the right way to fix this issue?
Jan 26, 2009 at 6:39 AM
Let me get this right. Does your geometries stop moving?

Stacking with physics engines is a difficult task. We have a somewhat stable stacking in FP but the work of Erin Catto on his Box2D engine might be better suited if you have unstable stacking. (Wobbly/jittering geometries).
Jan 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM
No they won't stop moving! They're always jittering if they're stacked. Is there no way to prevent this? I thought I've missed an Option or something.
Jan 26, 2009 at 12:03 PM
Well, there are ways of improving on stacking. Have a look at our pyramid sample from the XNA samples. The properties tweaked there is the ones that you will have to tweak too.

You might also get some more stable stacking by using the inactivity controller, but then again, it might now. I have not tried it for that purpose.