Gravity Game Work-In-Progress

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM
I just posted some screenshots of my latest XNA/Farseer project - a little space/gravity game.

It is still pretty basic, but it is definitely coming along. The pictures can be found here:

Mar 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM
I took a look, and it seems cool! I especially like the things like atmosphere effects, and the way you draw the terrain is nice too. If i may make a suggestion: you use the Planetary Gravity added by me (with help from genbox of course). You can get the patch version (for 2.0/2.0.1) over in the patches, or the latest edition of farseer should have it. it will significantly ease any gravity problems you might have!
Mar 5, 2009 at 1:39 PM
Nice work ladron. It's some great stuff you are working on. (I remember the city generation-thing).
What are the plans of making this game available?
Mar 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM
Thanks, guys!

Rogue - I'll have a look, but I think I pretty much have to do my own gravity since I make it "unrealistic" in some ways for gameplay reasons.

genbox - I hope to make a playable tech demo available soon.
Mar 7, 2009 at 9:00 AM
Well i offer a linear dropoff of gravity (as well as distance squared) if thats the problem. Thats fine if you dont use it, i just thought it might make your code cleaner/faster/better overall (as you dont have to deal with gravity stuff in your code).