Demo freezes

Mar 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM

when I start the demo my computer freezes after a short time. Is this a know issue?

Mar 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Which demo are you running?
Some are more demanding then others
When i run alot of the stress tests or any ones with tons of geometries and bodies my computer slows to a crawl and feezes.
If your running anything that stress tests or is an advanced sample you may need a better computer to run those.
Mar 27, 2009 at 11:32 PM
what version of XNA do you have? What OS are you running? what were you doing when it freezes? were you using a development build of farseer? Sorry to bombard you with questions but im pretty sure we need this info to tell you whats wrong (or to fix the problem you have).
Mar 28, 2009 at 12:00 AM
The first time everything freezed when I just started the program. I was not able to even select one of the demos and had to restart my computer.  After that it crashed when I was trying the second and third demo.

Some more infos:
XNA: 3.0
I build the demo with VS 2008 Professional Edition (tried debug and release builds)
When everyting freezed I was running VS 2008 and Firefox.

Mar 28, 2009 at 5:22 AM
Your whole system freezes or does the program freeze?
Mar 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM
The whole system freezes
Mar 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Sounds like a video driver problem. I've never had any demo freeze on any computer I own. However my laptop needed the latest video drivers available just to run XNA. The only thing Farseer should ever do is throw an exception. XNA on the other hand can and will crash your system. Can you run other XNA examples? Can you create an XNA project and run it?
Mar 29, 2009 at 10:24 AM
Yes I can run other XNA-Projects and examples. Currently I am working on a XNA-Game and my computer never crashed like this before. I have a Radeon x850 gto.