Fork for SFML.Net types

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 27, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Hello!

A long time ago I used Farseer and XNA for a game I was working on. When XNA fell out of the limelight because of lack of VS support, I kind of set the project aside. Recently, I found this wonderful library "SFML.Net" (http://www.sfml-dev.org/download/sfml.net/) that provides C# openGL bindings through an interface very similar to XNA. I've been swapping it out in my game. Farseer still has a dependence on some types in XNA, however (vectors, etc) and I feel skeptical about deploying both SFML and XNA. I was wondering if you would mind me forking this project to swap out the types either with SFML types or writing my own inside the farseer namespace to reduce the XNA dependencies.

Regards,
Quantumplation
Developer
Jan 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Farseer already does that. There is a version which provides its own vector2 et. al. implementations. Just take the plain (non XNA, Windows Phone, etc.) version. It is named "Farseer Physics.csproj" in the latest release.

The only stuff in Farseer that somewhat depends on XNA are the Samples and Testbed, which technically are not part of Farseer.
Jan 27, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Oh, wonderful, I didn't notice. Thanks!