geom.collisionEnabled = false; // During a collision

May 3, 2009 at 11:58 PM
I'm having this issue and im not quite sure whats going on.
I currently have an object acting like a floor and another object standing on that floor with gravity.

when i set floor.collisionEnabled = false; the object still stands on that floor without falling through(which i believe it should)..

if i lift that object off the floor for a second it will then drop through the floor when released..  Is this  a known issue?

im trying to get it so as soon as i turn of collisionEnabled for the floor the ball drops through..

thanks in advance for any help.
May 4, 2009 at 12:01 AM
CollisionEnabled is checked in the broad phase and no arbiters are created if it's false. The problem might be that the arbiters hang around even if CollisionEnabled is false.
If you have a small demo (or just change one of the built-in demos (like demo #2) to demonstrate this) I can get it fixed faster.

Thanks for reporting this. I will take a look at it as soon as possible.
May 4, 2009 at 12:36 AM
set collision response enabled to false instead of collision enabled
May 4, 2009 at 12:42 AM
when i used the collisionResponse  the object did drop, but the circle still detected a collision( due to the nature of collision response.)
In my situation I can't have that. I tried also changing the Collision Category and   collisionResponse   but collision detection still remains with the ball as it passes through what once was a floor.

im preparing an example for genbox. if anyone has any other idea's id love to hear them.
May 4, 2009 at 12:53 AM
not sure how to send this file to you genbox.. i don't have a website or ftp or anything like that.. email?

May 4, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Contacted you using the codeplex contact form.
May 4, 2009 at 12:49 PM
Thanks for the demo, the bug should now be fixed in the latest source control check-in. (upcoming 2.1)