My Game + Farseer Logo?

Topics: User Forum
Jun 1, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Hello fellow Farseerlites,

Let me start off by thanking all the contributors for the excellent work they've done (and are doing), and also the great community.

I've been toying around with Farseer for a while now, but I'm only just completing my first project. I'd like permission to include the Farseer logo in my game, is this OK?

I'd also welcome any feedback on the game. You can check it out at: :)

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

PS: Cannot wait for v2.1, I'll def' be signing up for testing once I've finished the game.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Thanks for the kind words.
You have my permission to include the Farseer Physics Engine logo in your game. You can use the logo from the project frontpage.

As for the game; It looks like a fun game, but also hard. It looks like the bad guys have the advantage all the time. :)
You could include puzzels where the player ball needs to complete some kind of task before proceeding, but the enemies would make it really hard to complete the task. To help the player, he could gather powerups, like stealth (disguise perhaps - look like one of the enemies), weapons and the like.

Jun 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Thanks genbox!

It's interesting you mentioned the stealth aspect, this is something I've actually already implemented (it was not finished by the time the video was captured). Basically, there are a couple of levels that are stacked with so many enemies the only way to get through (for the most part) is by disguise... so you don an outfit that makes you look like one of them. I'll show it off in the next preview. But I'm glad you suggested it :)

As for powerups, I haven't really come up with any compelling ones, besides the usual temporary-kill-everything-you-touch-potion/item. Once I've completed the version for playtest, I'll (hopefully) find out if the game is too hard w/o more powerups. Hopefully my level design skillz will be good enough to make it manageable, though.

Thanks again for the feedback (and terrific engine!)

Jun 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM

that looks fun. 

the music is epic