High velocity collisions stopped working when i ported to 2.1

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM

I had my projectiles and other high speed objects detecting collisions normally when I was on 2.0.1  but when I switched to 2.1 high speed collisions failed to detect.

Was there any specific change to collision detection that would have caused this? I was using defaults for the physicssimulator  for 2.0.1 . This sucks because I can't use 2.1 on Gum Drop (www.occasionalgamer.com) :(

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM

If you simply changed out the physics engine, I would be more than happy to take a look at it to see if a bug has sneaked into version 2.1.

Most of our changes were in the narrow phase collision detection. It should not have an effect on high speed objects. If you are able to create a demo that consistently fails with 2.1, but works in 2.0.1 it would be great. Otherwise if you are not too code shy, you can send your game to my private email and I will reproduce the error myself and find out where it fails.

You can contact me by using codeplex. Just clik on my username and press contact. I will reply with my private mail.

Jun 11, 2009 at 10:51 PM

Sweet, I already ported it over to XNA 3.1 so you might have to upgrade to 3.1.

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 1:14 AM

I have recived your source code. Thanks. I did not even know that XNA 3.1 was out - Downloading it right away.

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2009 at 3:20 AM

Bug has been fixed and implemented into 2.1 - Please re-download the 2.1 packages to obtain the fix.