Farseer Physics Engine 2.1.2 Released

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2009 at 11:58 PM

You can grab the newest version of Farseer Physics Engine here.

This release includes both bugfixes as well as new features and performance improvements. I took the liberty to describe some of the changes in more detail here:

• Performance improvement

Patch #3978 submitted by dreamcreamer contains some performance improvements that caches the inverse matrix and some removed some redundant code. You should see an increase in performance. Users have reported 5-15% increase.

• Added Vertices.GetConvexHull()

A new tool has been added with patch #3922 submitted by Cowdozer. It contains an algorithm to find the convex hull of a set of vertices.

• Renamed CollisionHelper to RayHelper
  • RayHelper.LineSegmentAllGeomIntersect(Vector2, Vector2, Physicsimulator, bool, List<Vector2>) now returns a list of GeomPointPair.
  • Fixed bug where the geometry position and rotation was not reset when ResetDynamics() was called.
  • Reduced garbage in some situations

We had about 3 threads on this topic all pointing out the same issues. Thanks to Ultima2876 and roonda for the proposed fixes.

• Added RemoveFromPhysicsSimulator() to Path class.
  • Removed CreateRope() from ComplexFactory

-----

As always there might be a few bugs or issues with the new release. Let me know if you find anything and I will take a look at it as soon as possible.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Awesome, thanks for the release!

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

You guys rock. Thanks very much!