Dec 9, 2009 at 2:19 AM

So I've been shooting the idea around of adding blood into my game. Could Farseer possibly do this? I would need VERY dynamic bodies that would change shape and everything. What made me think of using Farseer is the fact that I know it can do water. The only thing I would want the blood to do is collide with the ground and everything (hopefully it can separate into multiple puddles but if not that's fine). Plus I would only keep it on the map for about 30 seconds and just remove it from the game or that could build up pretty fast. Any help on if Farseer could do this or just another way of doing this would be amazing.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:28 AM

I don't think Farseer does real fluid dynamics, but you can have objects within a fluid area.. Blood in games is usually just a particle effect, you dont need to be able to have dynamic objects that change shape, just have some blood splatter sprites flying through the air and when they hit something the physics object is removed and you add a blood splatter on surface decal where it hit.