Entrio and I are both roommates working on the same project. He runs the server, I work on the client.
The server is simply updating ALL entities at the moment until we are sure that it is working properly.
Currently the client is receiving all updates. The server simply lets the simulation run with an update/step time of 33ms, which then transmits all information to the client after running.
The server is a windows form using references to Microsoft.Framework.XNA and Microsoft.Framework.XNA.Game, along with all farseerphysics references. We have tried even adding Geom.OnCollision Events to all entities just to check if collisions are being detected
at all and the events never get triggered.
We have been using an old build of Farseer though, we'll try updating to the latest build and see if that makes any difference, although I doubt that is the problem.
We have used the exact same code in a simple XNA + Farseer game, and collisions are detected perfectly. The only difference is that the clients are not running a simulator, but rather simply drawing the objects whereever the server tells them to, all simulation
is done server-side.